We are pleased to announce the essay topics for the 2015 Science and Sanatan Dharma Scholarship.
This year the focus is on blood and bone marrow drives organized by your mandir. Please check web site, http://hindusgiftoflife.org/ for examples of work being done on this front. Eligibility for the scholarship is extended to any currently enrolled student in the United States/Canadian education system or the Caribbean Countries at the middle school, high school, and college/university level.
Winners will be announced at HMEC – 10 in Trinidad on 2-4 October, 2015. This will enable the students to give a talk on their essay submission.
This year’s objectives are:
- To encourage volunteerism among youth for Hindu organizations.
- To foster Hindu values of seva in students.
2015 Essay topics:
- “Conducting, growing and / or educating Hindu-temple devotees about blood and bone marrow drives in your Mandir.” How did this event affect the community, you personally and why would you do this type of service again?
High School Students:
- “Seva/Volunteering at blood and bone marrow drives in your Mandir.” How did this event affect the community, you personally and why would you do this type of service again?
Middle School Students:
- Describes the following Avenues of Seva / Volunteering
- Karyatmak Seva (Seva through Action)
- Bhavnatmak Seva (Seva through Emotion)
- Gyanatmak Seva (Seva through Knowledge)
- Danam (Donation in form)
- 1 College Scholarship award of $750
- 2 High School Scholarship awards of $350 each.
- 2 Middle School Scholarship awards of $100 each.
2015 Submission Deadline:
- All complete applications must be submitted before August 31st, 2015.
Please visit our “Apply” page for instructions regarding application, deadline, and submission.
Best of luck!
Science and Sanatan Dharma Scholarship Team